Elastic firestop foam for wall and floor/ceiling penetrations, designed for the protection of both single and bunched electrical lines and cables of all types (including optical fibre cables), as well as of their supporting structures (cable troughs, trays and ladders) made of steel, aluminium or plastics.Also permitted for the protection of penetrating single steel and plastic pipes < 15 mm.
Areas of application
Permitted for installation in walls of at least 7.5 cm thickness made of masonry, concrete or autoclaved aerated concrete, as well as in lightweight partitions of at least 7.5 cm. Permissible seal size: max. 25 x 25 cm, diameter 25 cm (e.g. core holes).
- No dripping during application
- No additional seal coating required
- Easy retrofitting because the foam remains soft and flexible
- 180 g cartridges can be used with a standard caulking gun
- Easy handling because the material is mechanically expelled
- Any cut-off remainder can be used again
- No waste of material, not even of initial beads
- Dust and fibre-free installation
- Highly flexible sealing system for different shapes and through-penetration requirements
- Excellent yield when used at the appropriate temperature (23°C)
- No additional reinforcement required with cable supporting structures
The entire cartridge contents can be used: There is no waste of dispensed material, not even of initial beads. The wall or floor/ceiling opening must be cleaned and dusted prior to installation. Cable interstices must be sealed with FLAMRO BSS.
Distance requirements are as follows: distance between individual cable layers at least 40 mm; distance between the uppermost cable layer and the top inside surface of the through-penetration opening at least 40 mm; distance from the lateral inside surfaces and from the bottom inside surface of the opening 0 mm.
During cartridge preparation as well as during use of of the material, protective gloves, safety goggles and suitable work clothes must be worn (please refer to the safety data sheet for details).
The cable penetration seal must be permanently labelled by the installation company. The identification label, which is available from FLAMRO Brandschutz-Systeme GmbH, has to be affixed next to the penetration seal.
FLAMRO BSS remains resilient after curing, which makes retrofitting very easy and convenient. An annular space of at least 1 cm must be provided and sealed with FLAMRO BSS.
Seal thickness: 75 mm