Z-19.15-1762 Wall Penetration Seal
Z-19.15-1763 Floor / Ceiling Penetration Seal
Elastic firestop bricks for wall and floor/ceiling penetrations, designed for the protection of single and bunched electrical lines and cables of all types (including optical fibre cables) – without restrictions imposed on each cable’s overall conductor cross-section – as well as of their supporting structures (cable troughs, trays and ladders) made of steel, aluminium or plastics. Also permitted for the protection of penetrating single steel and plastic pipes < 15 mm.
Areas of application
Walls S 90 – S 120: Installation in masonry or concrete walls of at least 10 cm thickness as well as in lightweight partitions of at least 10 cm thickness. Floors/ceilings S 90: Installation in concrete floors/ceilings of at least 15 cm thickness. Required seal thickness for S 90 – S 120: 23 cm.
Max. permissible seal thickness:
- Wall (W x H) max. 70 cm x 40 cm
- Floor/ceiling (W x L) max. 40 cm x ∞
- Combinable with firestop foam for easy retrofitting and interstice filling
- Resistant to condensation water and moisture
- The bricks do not need to be adhesively bonded for installation
- Resistant to ageing
- The bricks are flexible and will return to their original shape after compression
- Easy application by trimming the bricks to size
- No additional coating required
- Dust and fibre-free installation
- Impervious to smoke in accordance with DIN 4102, Part 9
- Highly flexible penetration sealing system for different opening shapes and requirements
- Reinforcement width (if required), is only 2.5 cm
In the first step, clean and dust the penetration opening. Then cut FLAMRO BSB to size crosswise and install the elements with staggered joints (13 cm) in such a way that the seal fits flush with the building component. Any remaining gaps must be sealed with FLAMRO BSS.
Distance requirements for walls: distance between individual cable layers as well as distance between the uppermost cable layer and the top inside surface of the through-penetration opening at least 40 mm; distance from the lateral inside surfaces and from the bottom inside surface of the opening 0 mm. Distance requirements for floors/ceilings: Rim zone at least 0 mm, distance between cable layers at least 40 mm.
The cable penetration seal must be permanently labelled by the installation company. The identification label, which is available from FLAMRO Brandschutz-Systeme GmbH, has to be affixed to the building component next to the seal.
(Chapter 5 of the Technical Approval document)
FLAMRO BSB/BSS remains resilient after curing, which makes retrofitting very easy and convenient. An annular space of at least 1 cm must be provided and then sealed with FLAMRO BSB / BSS.