Panel seal (soft seal) for wall and floor/ceiling penetrations, designed for the protection of both single and bunched electrical lines and cables (including optical fibre cables) – without restrictions imposed on each cable’s overall conductor cross-section – as well as of their supporting structures (cable troughs, trays and ladders) made of steel, aluminium or plastics, and of pipes (in accordance with Approval No. Z-19.15-1279 (Sections 1.2.7 ff.).
Areas of application
In all fire-rated
- walls (masonry | concrete | autoclaved aerated concrete | lightweight partitions ≥ 100 mm)
max. seal size: H = 200 cm, W = 130 cm
- floors/ceilings (concrete or autoclaved aerated concrete ≥ 150 mm)
max. seal size: W = 150 cm, L = ∞
- The coating can be applied by spraying, brushing or trowelling
- No dripping, clean work area
- Easy installation and retrofitting
- Approved for lightweight partitions
- Outside the seal area, cables need to be coated over a length of only 10 cm
- Coatable with aqueous emulsion paint
- The space between panels in the two-panel seal assembly (i.e. the inside surfaces of the through-penetration opening, the cable trays and the panels’ rear side) do not need to be coated
- The seal can be installed in both vacuum and pressurised chambers
- Coating overlap with the adjacent building component is not required
- Highly versatile because cables and pipes can be accommodated in the same opening
- Sectional insulation can be achieved without coating (please see the Specifications section for further details)
- The material is resistant to moisture and UV rays
In the first step, close the through-penetration opening on one side with FLAMRO BS panels. Bond the panels flush and tightly into place using FLAMRO BMS. Any spaces between the panel edges and the inside surface of the through-penetration opening, any spaces between the panels and their fitting pieces, as well as any spaces between the panels and cables must also be daubed and thus sealed with FLAMRO BMS.
Distance requirements are as follows: distance between individual cable layers as well as distance between the uppermost cable layer and the top inside surface of the through-penetration opening at least 50 mm; distance from the lateral inside surfaces and from the bottom inside surface of the opening ≥ 0 mm.
The cables and cable supporting structures must be coated with FLAMRO BMA over a length of only 10 cm and with a thickness of approx. 2 mm on both external sides of the seal. The surface space between the two BS panels does not need to be coated!
The cable penetration seal must be permanently labelled by the installation company. The identification label, which is available from FLAMRO Brandschutz-Systeme GmbH, has to be affixed to the building component next to the seal.
Retrofitting is easy and safe! Just seal any remaining gaps with FLAMRO BMS or FLAMRO BMK and paint over with FLAMRO BMA.