Elastic firestop bricks for wall penetrations, designed for the protection of single and bunched electrical lines and cables of all types (including optical fibre cables) – without restrictions imposed on each cable’s overall conductor cross-section – as well as of their supporting structures (cable troughs, trays and ladders) made of steel, aluminium or plastics. Also permitted for the protection of penetrating single steel and plastic pipes < 15 mm.
Areas of application
In all fire-rated
- walls (masonry | concrete | autoclaved erated concrete | lightweight partitions ≥ 75 mm);
Permissible seal size: Wall (W x H) max. 70 cm x 40 cm
- Combinable with firestop foam for easy retrofitting interstice filling
- Resistant to condensation water and moisture
- The bricks do not need to be adhesively bonded for installation
- Resistant to ageing
- The bricks are flexible and will return to their original shape after compression
- Easy application by trimming the bricks to size
- No additional coating required
- Dust and fibre-free installation
- Impervious to smoke in accordance with DIN 4102, Part 9
- Highly flexible penetration sealing system for different opening shapes and requirements
In the first step, clean and dust the penetration opening. Then cut FLAMRO BSB S 30 – S 60 to size crosswise and install the elements with staggered joints (13 cm) in such a way that the seal fits flush with the building component. Any remaining gaps must be sealed with FLAMRO BSS.
Distance requirements for walls: distance between individual cable layers as well as distance between the uppermost cable layer and the top inside surface of the through-penetration opening at least 40 mm; distance from the lateral inside surfaces and from the bottom inside surface of the opening 0 mm. Distance requirements for floors/ceilings: Rim zone at least 0 mm, distance between cable layers at least 40 mm.
The cable penetration seal must be permanently labelled by the installation company. The identification label, which is available from FLAMRO Brandschutz-Systeme GmbH, has to be affixed to the building component next to the seal.
(Chapter 5 of the Technical Approval document)
FLAMRO BSB/BSS remains resilient after curing, which makes retrofitting very easy and convenient. An annular space of at least 1 cm must be provided and then sealed with FLAMRO BSB / BSS.